I had a great conversation at NYU today with 50 Media Studies undergrads. Here are things we found out:
1. Not one of them had been on Myspace in 2009. Not one. When I reminded them about Myspace Music a few hands went up
2. All of them used Facebook in the same period
3. Only 20%ish had a twitter account
4. For the most part they did not know what an API was, but they all knew what apps were.
5. None of them had heard of Tweetdeck
6. All of them remembered Xanga, but none of them use it.
7. 35% of them had bought some music on Itunes. 66% admitted to pirating music.
Brands come and go. Twitter is so rare. But the decline of Myspace will probably happen faster than we realize.
Finally, they stayed 15 minutes after the allotted time on a Friday and laughed at The AaronCohens trailer 7 times out loud. How does this movie not get financed?
Filed under: Uncategorized |