500k and restricted stock that vests only when the government has been repaid. Wow.
1. Goodbye to Wall Street Executive who can afford to retire. It will not be fun or rewarding and they will reinvent or play golf.
2. Young Guns with lots of energy and significantly less experience will rise to prominence.
3. Clever lawyers will design workarounds to increase compensation for executives.
4. Congress will look the other way if economy recovers
5. Wall Street Executives will rally around the next Republican presidential candidate. This will blunt some of Obama’s fundraising prowess in the next cycle.
6. Obama will need 8+ years to break the cycle of avarice and entitlement that has dominated Wall Street since the Reagan Era. Any economic recovery will foster aggressive political attacks on the severity of this presidential change. This could lead to a new era in class warfare.
Filed under: finance |